Recipe by Mimi in Maine
I don't know why it is called "Chili" Soup but that is the name. I got this from my daughter and it is soooo easy and soooo delicious. Great for the long and cold winter evenings. Just have some crusty garlic bread or my Mimi's Artisan Bread Bowls to put it into. It calls for spaghetti sauce in a jar and I use Paul Newman's Sockaroonie. Yummmm!
Top Review by invictus
A good hearty soup that is quick to prepare which I just love! I made spaghetti a few days ago and I had extra sauce to use up and this seems to be the perfect recipe for that. This one will definitely be repeated in my house!
- 1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini (set aside)
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage (or regular)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked pasta, nuggets (radiatore)
- 2 tablespoons snipped basil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop zucchini and set aside.
- Coarsely chop onion and put into pot with turkey sausage which has been crumbled up as best you can.
- Heat pan to medium and cook till sausage is done continuing to break up sausage, adding the garlic while it is cooking; drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce, broth, and water; bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta; reduce heat cook covered for about 7 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini and cook for 2-4 more minutes or till zucchini is done.
- Stir in basil.
- Ladle soup into bowls and enjoy.