1/4 Photos of Mimi's Lasagne Chili Soup
Mimi in Maine's Note:
I don't know why it is called "Chili" Soup but that is the name. I got this from my daughter and it is soooo easy and soooo delicious. Great for the long and cold winter evenings. Just have some crusty garlic bread or my Mimi's Artisan Bread Bowls to put it into. It calls for spaghetti sauce in a jar and I use Paul Newman's Sockaroonie. Yummmm!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini (set aside)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage (or regular)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked pasta, nuggets (radiatore)
- 2 tablespoons snipped basil (optional)
- 1Coarsely chop zucchini and set aside.
- 2Coarsely chop onion and put into pot with turkey sausage which has been crumbled up as best you can.
- 3Heat pan to medium and cook till sausage is done continuing to break up sausage, adding the garlic while it is cooking; drain.
- 4Add spaghetti sauce, broth, and water; bring to a boil.
- 5Stir in pasta; reduce heat cook covered for about 7 minutes.
- 6Stir in zucchini and cook for 2-4 more minutes or till zucchini is done.
- 7Stir in basil.
- 8Ladle soup into bowls and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mimi's Lasagne Chili Soup
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 1480.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 17.4 g