Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you give a moose one of these muffins, he will love the carrots in it. There is also coconut, sour cream, raisins, and nuts in them. These are good to grab when on the go or just with a cup of tea. They are a very moist and delicious muffin.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and sour cream; beat well.
- Stir in the carrots, coconut and raisins.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon and stir till moistened.
- Fold in nuts.
- Fill muffin tins till three-quarters full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or till done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
Wow, these were great! At first I didn't think they had enough sugar, but after they sat overnight, they tasted just right. I made them for a moving day, and everyone loved them. My 11-month old niece devoured them, and her mom was happy because of the low sugar content. I also used all whole-wheat pastry flour, so they were even healthier.
My son won't eat carrots. Yet I did a double batch (as I have to feed & my hubby who eat like horses) & he ate three of them in one sitting! I guess it just goes to show that if a fussy eater can see it they won't eat it. If they can't see it they will eat it! Thanks so much for this recipe. I have added it to my cookbook so I can make them again.
If you give a moose these muffins, the moose will say Thank you, thank you, thank you! These are a type of carrot muffin that is moister than many carrot muffins and, with the nuts and coconut, is more flavorsome, too. These muffins would be at home on your Easter table, or accompanying any salad or just on their own for breakfast. Absolutely delicious!