Recipe by Mimi in Maine
If you give a moose one of these muffins, he will love the carrots in it. There is also coconut, sour cream, raisins, and nuts in them. These are good to grab when on the go or just with a cup of tea. They are a very moist and delicious muffin.
Top Review by CongoGirl
Wow, these were great! At first I didn't think they had enough sugar, but after they sat overnight, they tasted just right. I made them for a moving day, and everyone loved them. My 11-month old niece devoured them, and her mom was happy because of the low sugar content. I also used all whole-wheat pastry flour, so they were even healthier.
- 1⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded carrot, plus
- 1 tablespoon carrot
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, plus
- 1 tablespoon coconut
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and sour cream; beat well.
- Stir in the carrots, coconut and raisins.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon and stir till moistened.
- Fold in nuts.
- Fill muffin tins till three-quarters full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or till done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.