Recipe by Mimi in Maine
A prominent department store used to sell these in their bakery case. These are big muffins loaded with blueberries. They are nice and sweet. All I can say about them is to try them--they are great. I like to use our Maine blueberries as there is a lot of flavor, but any wild blueberry will be fine.
Top Review by Ktresi20
My girlfriend and I made these muffins based off the picture we saw when actually looking at a different recipe. Sure am glad we made these they were absolutely amazing the only issue we had was them not raising enough. Will def pass this recipe along!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- extra sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- You will also need: cupcake papers.
- Using a mixer cream together in a bowl the butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the 2 eggs and mix well.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder and add to the above mixture alternately with the milk.
- Add 1/2 cup blueberries gently by hand.
- Then add the other 2 cups of blueberries gently by hand.
- Line a 12 cupcake tin with cupcake papers.
- Pile the batter right to the top of the papers using all of the batter on these 12 muffins.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-35 minute.