Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in a magazine years ago and loving gingerbread flavor as I do, I had to try these. They are yummy! These are wonderful with a cup of tea.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 78.07 ml light brown sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3.69 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground cloves
- 59.14 ml butter (room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 78.07 ml molasses (half blackstrap if you have it)
- 59.14 ml milk, plus
- 14.79 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vinegar
- 1 egg white (beaten and save)
- sugar, for sprinkling
- Combine the first eight ingredients.
- With a pastry blender, cut in the butter till there are coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center.
- In small bowl mix the next five ingredients--the egg, egg white, molasses, milk, and vinegar.
- Mix this well; it may be a little dry.
- Put on floured board and knead a few times till smooth.
- Pat into a 7" circle and cut into 8 wedges.
- Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet having the wedges 1" apart.
- Brush with the extra beaten egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.