1/1 Photo of Mimi's Fresh Key Lime Pie
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This is my mom's recipe for Key Lime Pie - she hand wrote "excellent" on it. Mimi used to make this for my DH, as it is his favorite pie. Originally from the Citrus Club, this recipe calls for fresh key limes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 2 (14 ounce) cans condensed milk (not evaporated or canned milk)
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup fresh key lime juice (about 10-20 key limes)
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest (key-lime zest, from about 5 key limes)
- 1Mix condensed milk with egg yolks, key lime juice and key lime zest.
- 2Pour into graham cracker pie crust.
- 3Bake for 5 minutes in a 300 degree (F) oven.
- 4Remove pie from oven, cool about 5 minutes. Then refrigerate pie for 1 hour.
- 5Cover pie filling with whipped cream.
- 6To serve, slice pie and garnish each pie slice with 1 key lime slice and a fresh mint leaf.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mimi's Fresh Key Lime Pie
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.2
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 200.4 mg
- Sodium 331.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 69.4 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: