Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Anything that is "of Maine" takes my eye. This did and I tried it years ago and it was delicious. I use the frozen Maine wild blueberries, as I think that they are the very best in the world.
- 473.18 ml blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 22.18 ml flour
- 0.59 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon (optional)
- 4.92 ml lemon juice (optional)
- 14.79 ml butter
- Line an 8" pie plate with crust.
- Pour in the blueberries.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients and scatter over the blueberries.
- Dot with pieces of the butter.
- Put the top crust on.
- Bake at 450 dgrees for 10 minutes; then reduce to 350 degrees and continue baking for another 35-40 minutes or till done.
My wife grabbed some blueberries at the store especially to make this pie. I have been craving one all summer. This pie was just sweet enough and the crust was tender and delicious! This pie is now printed and in my favorites recipe box!
I used fresh Maine blueberries and the pie was just sweet enough for us. It was so good that DH and I had to have 2 pieces each!