Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a fantastic cake starting with a cake mix and so easy to do. I bake it in a angel food pan and it comes out great. Frost it with a butter frosting or cooked frosting and sprinkle with coconut and you will have a beauty of a cake. This is nice and dark and the white frosting makes it look so yummy.
- 510.29 g package devil's food cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 85.04 g package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 177.44 ml water
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend and scrape bowl; then beat at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured 10" tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or till done. Do not underbake.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.
- Frost if desired or sprinkle confectioners sugar over it.
this was the best cake i have ever tasted and had the pleasure to make!
I absolutely love this cake!!!! It's so easy and so moist and disappears in a snap, my whole familly can't wait to get a piece and have a glass of milk...I also use coffee instead of water as it just adds something special to chocolate. I usually just frost it with a ready-made chocolate frosting from the pantry.
It was very yummy indeed. I added 2 T Special dark cocoa and upped the sour cream to 3/4 c - 1 c (I've made it twice). I also have replace the water with coffee. My 3 year old son is really happy when he sees this cake...I top it with a chocolate chip butter coffee glaze (1 1/2 c chips -semi sweet;3 T coffee 3/4 c butter - melt chips with coffee in a saucepan add butter 1 T at a time keep stirring until smooth. Place pan in ice and stir until desired consistency - the firmer the better(for us).