This is a fantastic cake starting with a cake mix and so easy to do. I bake it in a angel food pan and it comes out great. Frost it with a butter frosting or cooked frosting and sprinkle with coconut and you will have a beauty of a cake. This is nice and dark and the white frosting makes it look so yummy.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend and scrape bowl; then beat at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured 10" tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or till done. Do not underbake.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.
- Frost if desired or sprinkle confectioners sugar over it.