1/2 Photos of Mimi's Cornmeal Scones
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 2Cut in the butter using pastry blended till it looks like fine crumbs.
- 3Stir in buttermilk so dough leaves sides of bowl and forms a ball.
- 4Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead lightly about 10 times.
- 5Pat or roll into a 7-inch circle on ungreased cookie sheet that has been sprinkled with cornmeal.
- 6Score into 8 wedges, cutting down halfway to the bottom.
- 7Bake in 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or till light brown.
- 8Immediately remove from sheet and carefully separate wedges.
- 9Serve warm.
- 10NOTE: If the dough is too dry, stir in an additional 1-2 tablespoons of buttermilk; sometimes I will add an extra tablespoon while mixing, but you try it for the first time.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mimi's Cornmeal Scones
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.3
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 397.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g