Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My best friend's mom, called MiMi by her grandchildren, makes a wide variety of the most fabulous cookies. She takes a few of each kind and wraps the plate up in crinkly, pretty cellophane. You're really lucky if you get one of these gifts! These chocolate truffle cookies are my favorite.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Cream butter, sugar and cocoa until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add flour; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in chocolate sprinkles.
- Place 2-inches apart (don't press them down) on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until set.
- Cool on wire rack.
These are very rich with a sort of semi-bittersweet chocolate taste . May I say that these cookies taste better after they have cooled . The dough is VERY stiff (needed arms of steele to stir in the chocolate chips) . They also IMO do not bake very uniform in shape (not a pretty cookie , JMO) . I will also add that these cookies need to set on the cookie sheets to firm up a little before you can remove them (they are very soft when warm) . These are VERY good tasting chocolate cookies , and will kill any chocolate craving you have !!! I will make them again ! I think you could also add some chopped walnuts to these for a little crunch !