1/1 Photo of Mimi's Chili
3 hrs 50 mins
Mimi in Maine's Note:
It is the best I have had and make it often. I also give it as gifts (see Note). It is actually my daughter's base for chili and my spices. The two combined make a delicious pot. NOTE: For gift giving just package up the first 4 ingredients in one baggie. In another baggie place the last 8 ingredients. Give with the recipe on how to prepare it printed on a pretty tag. Also, if you are feeling really lazy, you could substitute about 3-4 cans of kidney beans/pinto beans or a mixture of both in place of the dry beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml dry pinto beans
- 118.29 ml dried kidney beans
- 29.58 ml dried onion flakes
- 2.46 ml instant minced garlic
- 473.18 ml onions (chopped fine)
- 907.18 g hamburger
- 396.89 g bottle catsup
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (453.59 g) can tomato sauce
- 1Wash beans and place in pot with the next two ingredients--minced onion and minced garlic.
- 2Cover beans with cold water and boil for 10 minutes with lid on; turn off heat and let sit for 1 hour.
- 3Drain but do not rinse.
- 4Cover with fresh water and simmer for 60-90 minutes till tender.
- 5Drain and set aside.
- 6Saute the onions and then add the hamburg and cook till done.
- 7Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 8Now you may put it in the crockpot on high for 1-2 hours and then on low for 4-6 hours stirring occasionally OR may be cooked on lowest setting on stove for 2-3 hours.
- 9Watch that it does not get dry.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mimi's Chili
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.8
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 1282.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 27.0 g