1/1 Photo of Mimi's Cheesecake Supreme
1 hr 20 mins
Mimi in Maine's Note:
This is a wonderful cheesecake that is likened to the New York cheesecakes--it is a favorite of my family. It has great flavor and consistency. I always have some kind of a sauce for it, but it can be a sauce of your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Generously butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- 3Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over sides and bottom of pan so that it is covered.
- 5Let the cream cheese soften at room temperature for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- 6With electric mixer beat till creamy.
- 7Add the vanilla.
- 8In a separate small bowl mix the sugar, flour, and salt well.
- 9Gradually blend into the cheese mixture.
- 10Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition just to blend.
- 11Add the sour cream.
- 12Gently stir in whipping cream.
- 13Gently pour into springform pan so that you don't remove the graham cracker crumbs.
- 14Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes.
- 15Reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue baking for 55 minutes.
- 16Remove from oven and cool.
- 17Loosen sides with spatula after 1/2 hour.
- 18Remove sides at the end of 1 hour.
- 19Allow to cool 2 hours longer.
- 20Regrigerate and put a glaze on it before serving or serve with sauce on each plate.
- 21TOPPINGS THAT I HAVE USED: Fresh strawberries that I have put sugar to make a thin sauce; melt down some raspberry jam and cool a little and then put in some fresh raspberries; a thin hot fudge sauce; cherry pie filling in a can--also blueberry pie filling.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mimi's Cheesecake Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (1858 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6087.1
- Calories from Fat 4072
- Total Fat 452.4 g
- Saturated Fat 274.8 g
- Cholesterol 2739.6 mg
- Sodium 4322.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 403.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 354.2 g
- Protein 125.0 g