Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is a wonderful cheesecake that is likened to the New York cheesecakes--it is a favorite of my family. It has great flavor and consistency. I always have some kind of a sauce for it, but it can be a sauce of your choice.
- graham cracker crumbs
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup egg (4-5 eggs)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over sides and bottom of pan so that it is covered.
- Let the cream cheese soften at room temperature for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- With electric mixer beat till creamy.
- Add the vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl mix the sugar, flour, and salt well.
- Gradually blend into the cheese mixture.
- Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition just to blend.
- Add the sour cream.
- Gently stir in whipping cream.
- Gently pour into springform pan so that you don't remove the graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue baking for 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Loosen sides with spatula after 1/2 hour.
- Remove sides at the end of 1 hour.
- Allow to cool 2 hours longer.
- Regrigerate and put a glaze on it before serving or serve with sauce on each plate.
- TOPPINGS THAT I HAVE USED: Fresh strawberries that I have put sugar to make a thin sauce; melt down some raspberry jam and cool a little and then put in some fresh raspberries; a thin hot fudge sauce; cherry pie filling in a can--also blueberry pie filling.