I have tried a ton of French onion soups but This one is my favorite. If you give it a shot i'm sure it will be yours too
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté onions in melted butter in a large soup pot or saucepan.
- 2for 15 to 20 minutes or until onions begin to brown and turn.
- 4. Add beef broth, salt and garlic powder to onions. Bring mixture.
- 5to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 1 hour. Add.
- 6the grated parmesan cheese in the last 10 minutes of cooking the.
- 8. When soup is done, preheat oven to 350 degrees and toast the.
- 9French bread slices for about 10 to 12 minutes or until they begin.
- 10to brown. When bread is done, set oven to broil.
- 11Build each serving of soup by spooning about 1 cup of soup into.
- 12an oven-safe bowl. Float a toasted slice or two of bread on top of.
- 13the soup, then add a slice of Swiss cheese on top of that. Place a.
- 14slice of mozzarella on next and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of shredded.
- 15parmesan cheese over the top of the other cheeses.
- 16Place the soup bowl on a baking sheet and broil for 5 to 6 minutes.
- 17or until the cheese begins to brown.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mimi's Cafe French Onion Soup Copycat Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.5
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1873.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 27.3 g