1/1 Photo of Mimi's Cafe Corn Chowder
~*Miss Diggy*~'s Note:
This comes from a restaurant that is here in Utah, at least that is where I think it is from. I made it the other night, and it was slightly different from most corn chowders because it didn't use bacon. This is a very mild tasting chowder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in large saucepan. Once melted add celery and onion and saute for 5 minutes (not til brown, just til soft).
- 2Add water, potatoes, corn, sugar, salt and pepper, making sure water covers everything, adding more if not covered completely. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, usually about 30 minutes.
- 3Whisk flour into 1 cup of the half and half and then stir into soup.
- 4Add remaining half and half and simmer until soup is thickened to a creamy consistency (usually about 15 minutes).
- 5Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if wanted. If the chowder is too thick, add some milk, if it is too thin, simmer for 5-10 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mimi's Cafe Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.4
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Sodium 621.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g