Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is great. It makes a very light (not compact) carrot bread/cake and is so simple to make!! I substituted light muscovado sugar for the brown sugar and cake was darker than usual but just as yummy.
mimis cafe carrot raisin bread
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- Sift first five ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar and eggs.
- Stir the liquid mixture into the flour; mix well.
- Add the next four ingredients; stir again.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch square pan or four mini-loaf pans. (Fill the pans 2/3 full with batter).
- Bake at 350* for about 40 minutes. (Mini loaves take about 30 minutes.).
- Yield: one 9-inch square, or four 3" x 6" mini-loaves.
Great bread! I received some carrots from someone's garden, and I used them in this recipe. I doubled the recipe, using 1/2 c. oil and 1 c. applesauce (instead of 2 c. oil). I also used 5 eggs for the doubled recipe. I baked the bread in two 9x5 loaf pans at 350 degrees, and it was done in 50 minutes. I had only generously sprayed the pans with PAM, but next time I would line the bottoms with parchment paper, because the bottoms of both loaves stuck when I turned them out of the pans. This is the same recipe that I had found on the Mimi's Cafe website, and the taste is really close to theirs, I think. I wrapped one loaf up for the carrot-giver, and I hope she enjoys it as much as we do. Thanks for posting this recipe!
Very moist and delicious. I reduced the sugar to 1 1/4 cup. Reduced oil to 3/4 cup . Keeper.
Fantastic Recipe! Really does taste like Mimi's bread. I made the recipe exactly as stated (excepting of course increasing the yield to serve 100, for work) and it was wonderful. I too had troubles getting it out of my loaf pans, I think I will try the paper idea as well next time. Everyone loves this so there will be a next time. The larger your pan the longer it should cook. My loaf pans are about 3x14 and I let them cook for about an hour, but could've used another 10 minutes even. Thanks!