1/4 Photos of Mimi's Cafe Buttermilk Spice Muffins
Fill your kitchen with a magnetic aroma!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or 1/2 cup unsalted margarine
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 fluid ounces buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk, additional
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter together with an electric mixer.
- 3When they are thoroughly mixed, add the eggs and beat for 1 more minute.
- 4Sift the flour into a separate bowl, together with the baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 5Add the flour and buttermilk to the first mixture, and mix at low speed until smooth.
- 6To avoid lumps in the batter, add the wet and dry ingredients alternately, in small amounts.
- 7Make the nut topping by combining all the Nut Topping ingredients together in a small bowl.
- 8Grease muffin tins with additional butter or margarine, or use paper or foil baking cups.
- 9Fill each cup ¾ full of batter.
- 10Add a full rounded tablespoon of the nut topping on top of the batter in each cup.
- 11Bake immediately, or the topping will sink to the bottom of the muffins, and then you will be mad at yourself – and we don’t want that to happen, do we?.
- 12Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out dry.
- 13(Home ovens’ heat differently from Mimi’s commercial ovens, and so you may need to adjust the temperature and/or the baking time accordingly).
- 14This recipe yields 12 standard-size muffins, or 6 Jumbo-size muffins.
- 15If you are using jumbo muffin tins, reduce the oven temperature by 25° and increase the baking time by 5 to 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mimi's Cafe Buttermilk Spice Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.9
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 134.9 mg
- Sodium 493.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 52.3 g
- Protein 12.7 g