Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A delicious treat, especially when made with home grown ingredients. The longer this sits at room temperature the better it tastes, hence the "cooking time".
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- bread round
- Cut tomatoes into a small dice and place in bowl.
- Add garlic and shallots.
- Chop basil coarseley and add to the thomato mixture along with the lemon juice, olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Let sit at room temperature - the longer the better - to let the flavors combine.
- Spoon onto your favorite bread rounds.
This is excellent! I made it for a dinner appetizer and ended up eating before, during, and after dinner :) I made about 1 pm and let it sit on my counter for the afternoon and the flavors blended wonderfully. I sliced up a baguette, toasted the slices in the oven and served. Thanks so much for posting a keeper!