Recipe by sugaree
A delicious treat, especially when made with home grown ingredients. The longer this sits at room temperature the better it tastes, hence the "cooking time".
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
This is excellent! I made it for a dinner appetizer and ended up eating before, during, and after dinner :) I made about 1 pm and let it sit on my counter for the afternoon and the flavors blended wonderfully. I sliced up a baguette, toasted the slices in the oven and served. Thanks so much for posting a keeper!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- bread round
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomatoes into a small dice and place in bowl.
- Add garlic and shallots.
- Chop basil coarseley and add to the thomato mixture along with the lemon juice, olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Let sit at room temperature - the longer the better - to let the flavors combine.
- Spoon onto your favorite bread rounds.