Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is actually a chocolate pecan pie. It is very good and satisfies the chocolate urge. I love pecan pie so this was a double treat for me. Enjoy!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Make your pie shell or buy one.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter over hot water.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, and corn syrup with a rotary beater and add to the above chocolate mixture.
- Add the pecans to the mixture.
- Pour into an unbaked shell and bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.