Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my grandmothers recipe and where we're from we call it barbecue, but most other people know them as sloppy joes. This are way better than your run of the mill canned stuff.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chili sauce (I like Heinz)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 hamburger buns
- Brown the meat and drain.
- Turn the stove down to low heat.
- Add the jar of chili sauce, then fill the jar with water and add that too.
- Add the ketchup, mustard, and worcestershire.
- Let simmer on low heat for an hour a half or more (longer the better!) until the sauce thickens up.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
I really had high hopes for this recipe.My dh and I were very disappointd in the flavor. This recipe is for someone that likes tangy and sweet.I don't know why I didn't see that before making the recipe. We didn't care for it,but that doesn't mean noone else will. I HATE :0( giving a low rating,but needed to give a honest one.