Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This pasta salad is my mom's recipe, and it's light and flavorful. The secret to getting the most flavor into it is to grate the veggies in. Perfect for a big crowd, a picnic, or the perfect side dish for sandwiches and barbeque.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 celery rib
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat (We like the flavor of this, because it adds a nice sweetness. You could substitute real crab meat if)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the penne in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water, set aside.
- In a large bowl, grate in the onion, bell pepper, celery, and carrot.
- Shred the crab meat into the same bowl, then pour in the penne.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving to allow flavors to blend. Enjoy!