Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great little casserole that sort of says "Pizza!" and "Lasagna!" at the same time, and makes you feel very comfortable and "at home"....
- 2 cups shell pasta
- 2 cups rotini pasta
- 1 (28 ounce) can spaghetti sauce (or 32 oz)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers (optional)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Boil pasta in same pot, according to package to directions; drain, pour into 13x9 pan.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over noodles.
- Slice pepperoni into slivers, add to sauce and noodles, along with 'shrooms and peppers; mix well.
- Smooth ingredients in pan evenly; sprinkle with cheeses over the top.
- Cover with foil or lid.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes (remove foil/lid for the last few minutes).
- VARIATION: sliced black olives; leftover spaghetti-meat sauce.
Very, very good. A big kid pleaser, my son had some friends over to camp out in the back yard and we made this up with some garlic buns. Everyone was thrilled and I didn't have to tip the delivery boy! My husband and I added some black olives and banana pepper on top of our servings. A definite make again recipe! Thanks Debber!