This is a well used recipe in my house-everybody loves it, and it’s so simple to do! I sent some of these to my husband’s office as part of a Christmas cookie platter, they fought over these-so I guess they liked them! N.B-If you need help with conversions please see HokiesLady's review!
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, and then beat in the flour and oats.
- Press the mixture into an 8" square tin, and bake at Gas mark 4 for 25 minutes until golden. Allow to cool.
- For the caramel filling, mix all of the ingredients in a pan until well combined and boil over a low heat until thick-about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour over the biscuit base and leave to set.
- Melt the chocolate and pour over the caramel, leave to set, but just before it gets too hard, mark out your portions. If you do it when completely set, the chocolate shatters.