1/4 Photos of Millionaires Shortbread or Creamy Caramel and Oat Squares
This is a well used recipe in my house-everybody loves it, and it’s so simple to do! I sent some of these to my husband’s office as part of a Christmas cookie platter, they fought over these-so I guess they liked them! N.B-If you need help with conversions please see HokiesLady's review!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 ounces butter
- 4 tablespoons light muscovado sugar
- 4 1/2 ounces plain flour
- 1 1/2 ounces rolled oats
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate
- 1Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, and then beat in the flour and oats.
- 2Press the mixture into an 8" square tin, and bake at Gas mark 4 for 25 minutes until golden. Allow to cool.
- 3For the caramel filling, mix all of the ingredients in a pan until well combined and boil over a low heat until thick-about 3-4 minutes.
- 4Pour over the biscuit base and leave to set.
- 5Melt the chocolate and pour over the caramel, leave to set, but just before it gets too hard, mark out your portions. If you do it when completely set, the chocolate shatters.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Millionaires Shortbread or Creamy Caramel and Oat Squares
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.6
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 94.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g