Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
You'll feel like a million bucks after one bite of this treat!
Make and share this Millionaire's Shortbread recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (and more for greasing pans)
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (and more for greasing pans)
- 473.18 ml unbleached all-purpose flour (and more for preparing pans)
- 158.51 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 2 (793.78 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 340.19 g good-quality milk chocolate, chopped
- fleur de sel or flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter two 8-inch-square baking pans; coat with flour, tapping off excess. Place flour, sugar and kosher salt in food processor; pulse once. Add 1 cup butter; pulse until mixture resembles peas. Dividing evenly, press mixture into pans. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden around edges. Cool completely.
- In heavy-bottomed pot over medium-low heat, combine condensed milk and remaining 2 T. butter. Slowly bring mixture to boil, stirring continuously. Continue stirring over heat until mixture becomes thick and amber in color, 15-20 minutes. Pour caramel over shortbread; spread evenly. Cool to room temperature.
- In heatproof bowl set over pot of hot, not simmering, water, melt chocolate. Once chocolate has melted, pour it over caramel layer. Sprinkle a little fleur de sel over chocolate to garnish. Cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Refrigerate to set. Cut into 2-inch squares.
Totally decadent! but very good! I used a can of caramel, ( made from condensed milk)
one hint would be to cut it when its cold, but before you fridge it! Mine shattered :) BUT it I am thinking it would be a great base for "death by chocolate", because the taste is wonderful!! cant stop nibbling! and because my bits are small, I am not getting the guilt factor :) YET
made for Aussie swap June 2012