1 hr 20 mins
You'll feel like a million bucks after one bite of this treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (and more for greasing pans)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (and more for greasing pans)
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (and more for preparing pans)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces good-quality milk chocolate, chopped
- fleur de sel or flaky sea salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter two 8-inch-square baking pans; coat with flour, tapping off excess. Place flour, sugar and kosher salt in food processor; pulse once. Add 1 cup butter; pulse until mixture resembles peas. Dividing evenly, press mixture into pans. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden around edges. Cool completely.
- 2In heavy-bottomed pot over medium-low heat, combine condensed milk and remaining 2 T. butter. Slowly bring mixture to boil, stirring continuously. Continue stirring over heat until mixture becomes thick and amber in color, 15-20 minutes. Pour caramel over shortbread; spread evenly. Cool to room temperature.
- 3In heatproof bowl set over pot of hot, not simmering, water, melt chocolate. Once chocolate has melted, pour it over caramel layer. Sprinkle a little fleur de sel over chocolate to garnish. Cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Refrigerate to set. Cut into 2-inch squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Millionaire's Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (1776 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.3
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 68.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g