Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Incredibly $RICH$ delicious candies :O) that are sooooo easy you would never know it by their taste. They are so awesome that everyone will think you slaved all day making them!
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon shortening or 1 tablespoon paraffin wax
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, melt caramels in milk over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in pecans until well combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto buttered waxed paper.
- Chill until firm.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening or wax in a heavy saucepan, double boiler or in microwave.
- Remove from heat.
- Dip chilled candy into chocolate, covering completely.
- Return to waxed paper and chill.
Karen, you have a candymaker's soul. Easy and delicious. I did want to mention that putting them in the freezer helped to harden the candies enough so they would pop off the parchment paper, before I coated them with chocolate. Also, the cold helped the chocolate set up very quickly. This will be a favorite treat to make forevermore!
I will not rate this until I try again. I had a horrible sticky mess. The candy kept sticking to the wax paper and would not come off of the candy, and the wax paper was buttered. If you have any further instructions to help let me know.
Yum. These will definitely go on my christmas trays this year. Thank you so much for the recipe.