Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Incredibly $RICH$ delicious candies :O) that are sooooo easy you would never know it by their taste. They are so awesome that everyone will think you slaved all day making them!
Top Review by Claire de Luna
Karen, you have a candymaker's soul. Easy and delicious. I did want to mention that putting them in the freezer helped to harden the candies enough so they would pop off the parchment paper, before I coated them with chocolate. Also, the cold helped the chocolate set up very quickly. This will be a favorite treat to make forevermore!
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon shortening or 1 tablespoon paraffin wax
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt caramels in milk over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in pecans until well combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto buttered waxed paper.
- Chill until firm.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening or wax in a heavy saucepan, double boiler or in microwave.
- Remove from heat.
- Dip chilled candy into chocolate, covering completely.
- Return to waxed paper and chill.