Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are so yummy, they are just like the "Turtle" candy you can buy.
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 12 ounces chocolate-flavored candy coating
- Unwrap caramels;combine caramels and milk in a heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat until melted, stirring frequently. Stir in pecans. Drop by rounded taspoons onto buttered wax paper. Cool; cover and chill.
- Place candy coating in top of double boiler or heat proof dish; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook until coating melts. Dip caramel centers into coating. Place on wax paper to cool.
Used this recipe as one of the treats in our annual Christmas goodie basket. I get about 36 from one batch. Everyone loves them.