Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Why a millionaire pound cake? Because it's super rich! This scrumptious cake is the pride of an elderly belle from Jackson, Mississippi. The recipe comes from "The Glory of Southern Cooking" by James Villas.
- Freheat the oven to 300 degrees; grease a 10-inch tube pan with butter, dust the bottom and sides with flour, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer and add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Alternately add the flour and milk, stirring till the batter is smooth.
- Add the two extracts and stir till well blended.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake till a cake tester or knife blade inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours. (Do not bake till the cake is dry.).
- Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes, then turn it out on the rack to cool completely.