Recipe by mailbelle
Why a millionaire pound cake? Because it's super rich! This scrumptious cake is the pride of an elderly belle from Jackson, Mississippi. The recipe comes from "The Glory of Southern Cooking" by James Villas.
Top Review by chef fatmama
don't let the calories and fat grams scare you off. This is a wonderful recipe and is perfect for the summer cook-out topped with fresh berries! It will make you proud. This is meant to be shared!
- 2 cups butter, softened (4 sticks)
- 4 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Freheat the oven to 300 degrees; grease a 10-inch tube pan with butter, dust the bottom and sides with flour, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer and add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Alternately add the flour and milk, stirring till the batter is smooth.
- Add the two extracts and stir till well blended.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake till a cake tester or knife blade inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours. (Do not bake till the cake is dry.).
- Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes, then turn it out on the rack to cool completely.