Recipe by Lady Lou
A crispy cookie that does not need frosting. The dough is easy to work and does not need to be refrigerated before you roll the cookies out.
- 2 cups solid shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (for top of cookies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the first four ingredients until smooth.
- Add baking soda and salt.
- Add flour one cup at a time and mix until well blended.
- Using a soup spoon, scoop out some dough and place it in your palm. Using both hands, roll into a ball and place on a cookie sheet, leaving room for it to spread.
- Once you have filled the sheet with balls, place 1/2 cup sugar into a little container, and dip the bottom of a drinking glass into it and use it to flatten dough balls. Flatten each ball until it is about 1/3 inch thick. Dip the glass into the sugar again after you flatten each ball.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.