Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
these are really nice stamped with just the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar..I like to use the decorative glass cookie stamps with my granddaughter
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350*.in large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of the sugar, crisco and butter -- beat until light and fluffy.add vanilla, almond extract and egg.blend well -- add flour, baking soda and cream of tartar, mix well.shape dough into 1" balls.roll balls in remaining 1/3 cup sugar -- place 2" apart on ngreased cookie sheet with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- flatten balls to 1/8" thickness --
- bake at 350* for 7-12 minuts or until edges are light golden brown.
- cool 1 minute on rack on cookie sheet --
- remove from sheets to wire racks to cool completely.