Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
This is so rich and buttery you'll claim it's worth a million bucks.
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream the butter; gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add the flour to butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix after each addition.
- Stir in almond and vanilla extracts.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
I found this cake to be very average. Not rich at all. Might cut down on the amount of flour when I try it again. The batter had to be scooped into the cake pan, it couldn't be poured. Maybe I did it wrong.
This recipe is great and easy thanks
first made from scratch cake that I ever made. Everyone enjoyed it. Easy recipe to follow.