Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Southern Living; family favorite
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash potatoes, and rub with oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- Mash pulp; stir in butter, 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, sour cream, milk, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff shells with potato mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake potatoes at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
2 thumbs up for this potato dish. The sour cream gives the mash a fluffy texture, really tasty. Thanks for posting. =)
When I have leftover mashed potatoes (real) I add these same ingredients and warm them up in the oven or microwave. It is so good,I make sure I have left over mashed potatoes.
These potatoes were scrumptious!! They reminded me so much of the ones my Mom used to make. I am thrilled to have found this recipe. My family really enjoyed these and I will make these again. Served this with grilled steak and salad. Wonderful!! Thanks.