Recipe by Southern Lady
Similar to Million Dollar Spaghetti on FB and Pinterest. I reduced the butter (a lot), added a little more flavor, and altered the baking time since 2/3 content was already hot. Recipe goes together quickly if you coordinate the boiling, sauteing, mixing, etc. I prefer to use Paul Newman's Sockarooni or Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
Top Review by pammyowl
5 for flavor, 4 for directions. No mention was made in the ingredient list of ground ( I am assuming ) sirloin, but it is listed in the instructions. How much meat? Oh well, I winged it and used 1 lb. Thanks for sharing! Made for my three chefs 2013
- 16 ounces rotini pasta (elbow or spaghetti may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced from jar)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (optional)
- 1 medium onion (white or yellow) (optional)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -8 ounce cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 28 ounces red pasta sauce
- 2 -3 cups grated cheese (Mozzarella, Italian Blend, or Cheddar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring water to boil, add salt and pasta and cook per directions.
- Use 2 T of butter and grease a 9 x 12 baking dish.
- Dice green pepper and onion.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Heat 2 T of garlic oil and saute on medium heat bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms 3-4 minutes.
- Drain pasta and set aside.
- Add ground sirloin, crumbling as you add. Add salt & pepper, breaking up beef into small bites. Remain cooking until beef is no longer pink, drain excess gease.
- Add jar of pasta sauce and heat through.
- While meat sauce is cooking, add softened cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese to a medium size mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer or immersion blender, mix 3 ingredients until well blended.
- Layer 1/2 pasta into baking dish, add blended cheese mixture and smooth evenly over pasta.
- Evenly add remaining pasta followed by red meat sauce.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 20 minutes. (I spray oil my foil so it doesn't stick).
- Remove foil and add grated cheese on top.
- Return to oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese has melted well.
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving.