You will understand why they call this "Million Dollar" fudge when you make it...this is wonderful fudge, made without the hassle of a candy thermometer. Note: just remember to set timer just when mixture is at full boil, and you will have the best-tasting fudge ever!
My Private Note
9x9 inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutions)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk (NOT sweetened condensed milk)
- 2 cups chopped nuts (any kind)
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces hershey chocolate bars, chopped into small pieces
- 1 (1 pint) jar marshmallow cream
- 1Butter 2 (9 x 9") baking pans
- 2Place chocolate chips, broken chocolate bar pieces, marshmallow cream and nuts into a large mixing bowl; set aside
- 3In a 4-quart saucepan, combine sugar, salt, butter and evaporated milk, stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves; bring to a boil, cook for 6 minutes, stirring constantly (set a timer for 6 minutes, and start the timer when mixture is at a FULL BOIL, this is very important!) Pour the boiling syrup mixture over the ingredients in the bowl, beat with a wooden spoon until all the chocolate is completely melted
- 4Separate into the two prepared pans Let stand a couple of hours before cutting
- 5Recipe variation (if desired): Gently stir in 1/2 cup Skor toffee pieces prior to pouring in to the greased pans Then gently press 2 tbsp toffee pieces in the top of fudge in the pan.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Million Dollar Fudge!
Serving Size: 1 (2695 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5334.8
- Calories from Fat 1874
- Total Fat 208.2 g
- Saturated Fat 91.0 g
- Cholesterol 79.8 mg
- Sodium 1483.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 894.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.5 g
- Sugars 746.7 g
- Protein 51.3 g