Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
The only fudge my family eats around the holidays. For the marshmallow creme, we always get one large jar and one small, because you can never get all the marshmallow cleaned out in time. Also, this is at least a 2-person gig. usually it's my mom, brother, and me. not too sure on cooking time, I never pay attention. When I was younger, it felt like forever, but doesn't feel so long now. Servings depends on how big you cut the pieces. we usually do 1-inch square.
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 2⁄3 cups evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pint marshmallow creme
- use a little butter to grease the bottom and sides of fudge pan (9x13).
- cook sugar, milk and butter to softball (236 degrees); always stirring slow and consistent (you don't want to make a mess on the sides of pan).
- quickly, add chocolate chips, vanilla, and marshmallow will stirring vigorously.
- beat (by hand) until melted and completely blended.
- immediately pour into buttered pan.
- *be sure to eat whats left in the pan to clean it out -- it's soooo good.
What with being a real chocoholic, I just had to make this recipe! Well, although I actually made it as one of the enticements to get potential buyers into my area of a park-wide yard sale, I still managed to consume a number of pieces myself, & it is definitely delicious! One of my favorite fudges combines chocolate with marshmallow creme, & this recipe is a winner, for sure! Many thanks for sharing it!