Recipe by pammyowl
This cake is so moist and delicious just a dusting of powdered sugar will suffice, but butter cream frosting would be a fabulous option.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
This was awesome! I made my own gf cake mix and got 24 terrific muffins out of it - so moist and yummy. Great idea to use ketchup and pepsi in it - I'd never dreamed of doing that, but the result is a unique flavour. Maybe it depends on the cocoa you use - or personal taste - but other than the previous reviewer I found it chocolatey enough.
Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup Pepsi
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix all ingredients with a hand mixer on low for 30 seconds, scrape bowl.
- On medium speed mix for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour into a 9x13" greased pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely, then dust with powdered sugar or frost as desired.