Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I need a "Million Dollar" recipe because when I asked my DIL what I could bring for dinner, she joked "How about a million dollars?"!!! I found this on All Recipes where it got rave reviews. This suits my family's tastes perfectly. Make the day before.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Mix and bake cake mix as per package instruction for two 8 or 9 inch round layers.
- Let layers cool, and then split each layer in half so as to have 4 layers.
- In a large bowl, whip cream cheese until soft, and then gradually mix in confectioners' sugar.
- Stir in the pineapple with juice and the drained mandarin oranges, reserving about 5 mandarin orange slices to decorate the top of cake.
- Mix in the dry pudding mix.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Place one cake layer on a cake plate cut side up; spread with frosting.
- Place another layer cut side down on the first one, and top with more frosting.
- Repeat until all layers are used, spreading last bit of frosting on top and sides of cake.
- Decorate with reserved mandarin orange slices.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.