Recipe by MarieRynr
This is a delicious breakfast cake. Surprise your guests and make them something different!
- 2 texas red grapefruits
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- vanilla yogurt or fruit yogurt, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate 2 teaspoons peel from the grapefruit.
- Peel and section the grapefruit over a bowl to catch the juice.
- Reserve the juice and peel.
- Set aside the sections of fruit for serving.
- Add enough water to the juice to measure 1 1/4 cups.
- Bring to a boil in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in the oats and butter.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Combine the grapefruit peel, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in the oats mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 9 X 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350*F for 35 minutes.
- Serve warm or cooled, topped with yogurt and the grapefruit sections.