Recipe by mdlemp1
Simple and Delicious. This dish is soothing and very nourishing.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
I prepared this as directed and found it to be a little bit tasteless. Maybe if I had sauteed the vegetables as the other poster did, this would have turned out better for me. Also, the millet was pretty mushy...I think 3 1/2 cups of water might have been too much. It gets points for being easy and healthy, though. Also, it's very filling...a big plus in my book.
- 236.59 ml millet (rinsed)
- 236.59 ml onion, diced
- 118.29 ml buttercup squash, cubed
- 118.29 ml carrot, diced
- 118.29 ml cabbage, diced
- 709.77-828.06 ml water
- 0.25 ml sea salt
- parsley, minced, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer ingredients in the following order; onions, squash, carrots, cabbage, millet.
- Gently add water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes then season with salt. (check periodically and add more water if millet becomes dry).
- Simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Place in serving bowls and garnish with parsley.