Recipe by Carol Bullock
A high energy dish with great flavor, this dish reminds me of summertime!
Top Review by Tebo
What a surprise this was!!! I'd never had millet before and this was good. I found it a bit bland but after I added some hot sauce, salsa, cilantro and a banana it was terrific. Lots of possibilites to alter this recipe. Glad you posted it and glad I tried it. Thanks
- sesame oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, minced or powdered
- 4 -5 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked until tender and then thinly sliced
- fresh corn kernel (1 ear)
- 1 cup millet, rinsed well
- 4 cups water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small amount of oil in a deep sauce pan.
- Saute onion with ginger for several minutes, until onion is limp.
- Add shiitake slices and saute until thoroughly coated with oil.
- Add corn and stir well.
- Finally, add millet and water.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add salt, cover, and reduce heat to low and simmer until all liquid is absorbed and millet is creamy.
- Stir gently to combine ingredients and then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with parsley.