Recipe by Bunny Erica
This was the first dish I made with millet and I made it up as I went along and was very happy with the result.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml mushroom, chopped
- 236.59 ml millet
- 591.47 ml water
- 14.79 ml miso (substitute yeast extract)
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml peas
- 118.29 ml pistachios
- 118.29 ml cashews
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- fry the onion in the oil until translucent.
- add the peppers and mushrooms and fry off for a few minutes.
- add the millet, water, miso and soy and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for around 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the peas and nuts cover for another 10-15 minutes, stir more frequently and add more water if necessary.
- Season as required and serve when millet is soft.
- Serves 2 as mains 4 as sides.