Bunny Erica's Note:
This was the first dish I made with millet and I made it up as I went along and was very happy with the result.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1fry the onion in the oil until translucent.
- 2add the peppers and mushrooms and fry off for a few minutes.
- 3add the millet, water, miso and soy and bring to the boil.
- 4Cover and simmer for around 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in the peas and nuts cover for another 10-15 minutes, stir more frequently and add more water if necessary.
- 6Season as required and serve when millet is soft.
- 7Serves 2 as mains 4 as sides.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Millet Veggie-Nut Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 948.8
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1547.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 28.7 g