Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine you get for free in our local organic food store. It's definitely something special but really tasty.
- Wash the hokkaido squash, remove the seeds and grate the pumpkin finely.
- Cut the radicchio into small slices and dice the onion.
- In a large pan heat some oil and sweat the pumpkin, the radicchio and the onion in it. Spice with paprika, thyme and salt.
- Meanwhile bring to a boil the water in a pot, stirr in the millet and let simmer until tender.
- In a fireproof dish combine millet, ricotta cheese and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with the seeds and bake at 200 °C in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes.
This was ok. I messed it up....I couldn't find hokkaido squash & when I read edible skins, I subbed zucchini. Not sure if the texture in the final dish was because of this substitution or not. It was ok; everybody ate some & most liked it but nobody ate the leftovers. I still like the idea & if i ever see a hokkaido squash, this is what I'm making with it! Made for 4/11 Aussie swap.