Recipe by Katzen
I was inspired to come up with this simple and delicious salad after making another salad, Cucumber Millet Bean Salad With Feta. It's delicious and cooling - and low fat, too! The quinoa and beans add protein, making it a fantastic lunch dish. Pitted kalmatta olives would make a great addition!
Top Review by keohokalole
This was an easily prepped salad that earned lots of praise at our July 4th picnic. The proportions are perfect and no adjustments needed; even my picky sons liked it! I will be keeping this recipe, thanks for submitting!
- 1⁄2 cup millet
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa (red, white, or black)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 tomatoes, ripe, seeds squeezed out, diced
- 1 sweet pepper, seeded, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 200 g feta cheese, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) canlarge white beans, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more, to taste)
- 2 teaspoons dried dill (sub basil or oregano, if preferred)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 lemon, juice of (zest as well, if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring millet and 1 cup water to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for five minutes; turn off heat, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bring quinoa and 3/4 cup water to boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 12-14 minutes; fluff.
- Combine all ingredients and toss; chill. Enjoy!