Recipe by smellyvegetarian
I found these at yesiwantcake.com whilst searching for dairy-free goodies for DD. I love the use of the millet--it is hard to find recipes that use puffed millet, and it really adds a special something to the texture of baked goods. I believe the original version used puffed rice instead of millet, and peanut butter (where the blogger i read used almond butter instead). This says to me that the sky is the limit on these little gems :). Enjoy!
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup puffed millet cereal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (i.e. Earth Balance)
- 1⁄4 cup almond butter (I used peanut butter)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk (I used almond milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, puffed millet cereal, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream vegan margarine, almond butter, sugars, vanilla and nut milk together.
- Add dry mixture a little at a time to the wet ingredients, until combined.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, spacing an inch apart.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cookies are set and edges are browned.