Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Millet has a mildly nutty taste and is very easy to digest.
- 1 cup cracked millet or 1 cup millet
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- salt (a pinch)
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk (or whole milk or light cream)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped pitted dates
- Add the millet, water, and salt to a slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-9 hours, or overnight.
- Stir a few times with a whisk during cooking.
- Turn the cooker to HIGH and stir in the milk and dates; cover and cook 5-10 minutes or until hot.
- Stir the porridge well and scoop into bowls.
- Serve with milk and honey.