Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Arrowhead Mills. A healthy muffin!
Make and share this Millet Orange Raisin Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups millet flour
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour or 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice syrup or 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- poppy seed
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix all liquid ingredients together, then add to dry ingredients.
- Put mixture in well-oiled muffin tins. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Makes 12 muffins.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until done.
We didn't like the acrid taste of these muffins, maybe they're just too healthy for our taste! The recipe worked out fine though, and they looked neat too, but I'm glad I made only half a batch and won't be making them again.
We liked this. I ground hulled millet in my grain mill and used w.w. pastry flour for the 1/2 C flour. Didn't use zest, as didn't have organic oranges, but did use fresh o.j. Used olive oil and sub. walnuts for raisins. This would probably be good with dried cranberries (although DH won't let me do that!) They were a little dry, so have to decide how to fix that, but for a healthy muffin, they were quite good.