Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is from Fleischmann's yeast company.
- 1 cup water, plus (70º to 80ºF)
- 2 tablespoons water (70º to 80ºF)
- 3 tablespoons millet or 3 tablespoons cracked bulgur wheat
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely shredded orange rind
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Measure all ingredients into bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer, adding millet and orange peel with liquids.
- Process on basic/white or whole wheat bread cycle; use medium/normal or light crust color setting.
- Remove bread from pan; cool on wire rack.
This bread turned out perfectly for me. It rose well and tasted great. I didn't have any millet or cracked bulger wheat so I used crushed Flax Plus cereal, which worked fine.