1/1 Photo of Millet Fruit Squares - DELICIOUS and ALLERGY-FREE
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Mallina Cashew's Note:
This delicious ALLERGY-FREE recipe is good anytime of the day!! It comes from a book called Vegan Delights. !!ENJOY!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups millet, washed (I have used a number of grains here; brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa, cracked rye, etc. can be used or)
- 3 3/4 cups water (can substitute your favourite juice and also add some lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or 1/2 cup other liquid sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon of your favourite extract
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ground nuts or 3/4 cup seeds or 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups dried fruit, chopped (dried pineapple, figs, rasins, cranberries, apricots, dates, etc, are all good)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind or 2 teaspoons orange rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or 1/4 cup orange juice or 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup water (or your favourite juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon your favourite extract
- 1Cook millet (or other grain) for about 45 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Stir in rest of crust ingredients.
- 4Spread HALF of this mixture into an oiled pan (9"x9" or 10"x10" will do).
- 5Bake for about 10 minutes.
- 6While Millet (or other grain) is cooking, combine fruit filling ingredients in sauce pan, bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 30-45 minutes (or till fruit is mushy).
- 7Spread this fruit mixture over the first layer of millet (or other grain) in the pan.
- 8Add the other half of the millet (or other grain) mixture over top the fruit mixture.
- 9Bake for about 20 minutes at 350F until dryer and firm.
- 10Cool and chill (for easier cutting).
- 11Keeps 6-8 days in fridge.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Millet Fruit Squares - DELICIOUS and ALLERGY-FREE
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.2
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: