Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This dressing was so very tasty at a Provident Living expo. The person who made this was hosting a booth featuring several different grains one could make use of when storing food for emergency preparedness.
- 1 cup millet
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Microwave millet and water in a microwave-proof bowl for 15 minutes; set aside.
- Sauté onion in butter over medium high heat until onion is very tender.
- Mix onion with millet.
- Beat together eggs, corn with juice, and remaining 4 ingredients.
- Combine egg mixture with millet.
- Place all in a 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake, covered, at 325°F for 40 minutes.
Love this! I have never cooked millet before and was looking forward to trying it. Found this recipe and gave it a try. I made it just as written - it's great! Easy to make and very flavorful.
Yummy! Worked well OAMC--I froze all ingredients except the egg and added that just before cooking. I omitted the corn juice as I used frozen corn.
This recipe was fine. I'd never tried millet before and probably won't try it again. Everyone ate it and I'm sure to a millet lover it's really good. I am just not a millet lover.